From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use RS422 serial port communication in LabView.???

Solved!
Go to solution

closing serial port is also done there @Gredw

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 42
(3,110 Views)

i installed all the visa drivers perfectly and when i open MAX  it recognise the serail port as COM port , but when it shows the errors please find the following attachments  of images  and suggest me what can i do ??  to solve those errors .

Thank you in advance 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(3,120 Views)

1st screenshot: seems, that your VISA resource is occupied by some another process/application. Close all apps, what can use it, and then try again. Also, it's good practice to add to LabVIEW settings, in Options->Environment "Automatically Close VISA Sessions".

2nd screenshot: you didn't select any VISA resource, control VISA Resource Name is empty.

Sincerely,

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(3,114 Views)

Hi arun,

just look at the attachment , you may get what is the exact problem i am facing

- You still have NO error handling at all…

- You still use BytesAtPort immediatly after VISAWrite!

- You still use BytesAtPort despite you configured a TermChar!

Last, but not least:

- You don't provide a VISA resource in your VISA resource name control…

When the errors complains about wrong/missing parameters you really should check all parameters/inputs of that function!

Edit:

PLEASE DON'T CREATE DOUBLE THREADS!

Keep discussion in one place! I merged your second thread on the very same topic!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 42
(3,106 Views)

@kosist90  yeah i closed all other applications and i select in environment settings and check mark on automatic visa....

even through it doesnt help us it shows same error , And The same errror occured when we create any VI on serial port 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(3,088 Views)

Hi arun,

no need to show the very same image again and again!

Select a VISA resource before you start your VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 16 of 42
(3,092 Views)

Your VISA Resource Name is still empty.  You have to select which port to use before running your VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 17 of 42
(3,091 Views)

Hi Gredw

I know I am annoying you , But i  am aBeginner ... I get same error even i create any VI on serial port please check the following attachment , i find that example in our forum even i execute that example i get the same problem 

can you please edit that VI or suggest me any of your example for communicating over serial port 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(3,090 Views)

I think i select visa source name ,  check the image .. so can you please how to give visa source name , and what type of name we should give .

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(3,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arun2929

Hi arun,

as mentioned several times before:

You need to select that "COM23" resource name in the "VISA resource name" control in the frontpanel of your VI!

I hope I made that clear by now…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 20 of 42
(3,080 Views)