LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we apply a sampling rate of 44.1kHz in a Labview project to synchronize two signals?

Hint: Right-click the DAQAssistent and select "Open Front panel" to convert it to a "standard" VI…
Or examine the VIs in the example finder on DAQmx...

I don't see a reason why would using DAQ Assistant be a bad choice for this task. 

Anyway, what I see as a potential problem is, that the program can stop before you write the data to the file. You wired the DAQ Assistant error output diretcly to the conditional terminal which means that LabvIEW will not wait for "Write to Measurement File" block (dataflow 🙂 ).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(893 Views)

Hi stockson,

the program can stop before you write the data to the file.

You're joking, are you?

DATAFLOW: a node/structure will be executed, when all inputs are available.

DATAFLOW: a structure will be finished (aka "loop will be left") when all code inside has finished!

Will the loop finish before the WriteMeasurement is executed?

(Are you working at NI, because of your blue user name? :D)

The problem is even worse with this VI: the WriteMeasurement is executed even in the case of an upstream error and will write invalid data to file…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(888 Views)

I wish I was... Honestly it is hard for me to recreate my train of thought when I was writing that post.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with dataflow. Conditional terminal is checked at the end of an iteration, end of story.

Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(882 Views)