LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the bounds of a cluster be changed programmatically?

I wish to expand and collapse the bounds of a cluster control using one or two buttons to reveal/hide additional information in the control. Unfortunately, the Bounds property of a cluster control appears to be read only. "Change to Write" on the pop-up menu is grayed and disabled. Is there a way to enable changing of the Bounds property on a cluster and another way to accomplish this?

I don't like the thought of using a sub-panel to achieve something similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,731 Views)
I don't think this is possible, but you can show\hide individual controls or have a single control hiding the rest and show\hide it.

Set the cluster to "size to fit" and make supplemental elements visible/invible when needed. The cluster bounds will adjust to fit the visible elements.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 3 of 5
(2,716 Views)
Thank you tst and Jean-Pierre for the responses! At first glance I thought the suggestions had some limitations until I realized that "supplemental elements" could include inconspicuous transparent frame decorations. That led to the elegant solution which I demonstrate in the attached vi.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
(2,703 Views)
Along the line of JPD's answer, you can set the position of the elements, which will make the cluster larger.

(2,690 Views)