LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the VI recovery dialog be suppressed on startup?

I have an automated build server (Jenkins) that uses the LabVIEW IDE to build my code every time I commit it into SVN.

This works well most of the time but every so often it gets stuck on start-up of LabVIEW because the recovery dialog pops up and waits for user input.

Is there a way this can be suppressed?

I was wondering if starting the automated build version with a separate INI file would solve this problem. Any ideas?

Heiko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,292 Views)
I don't know if you can turn the dialog off, but the fact that it is happening at all is flagging that something bad happened in the previous build. The only time the recovery dialog comes up is if LV crashes and leaves VIs is an uncertain state.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,285 Views)

You can disable automatic recovery by disabling automatic periodic saving from Tools>>Options>>Enviornment.  This may have undesireable side effects but it will also prevent any saved history data from existing so the recovery manager has nothing to ask the user about.  

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 6
(3,277 Views)

The problem is that I currently run the build server on the same machine that I develop the code on. This means the build server uses the same installation of LabVIEW as I use for development albeit a different instance.

So what I believe is happening is that I crash my development version and the build version picks up the files for recovery.

Probably the easiest thing would be migrate the server to a separate machine or VM and to turn off AutoSave.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,271 Views)

@hfettig wrote:

The problem is that I currently run the build server on the same machine that I develop the code on. ....

Don't do that.  Autorecovery might pop-up and make the process problematicSmiley LOL

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,269 Views)

Like the reporter who asked the astronaut if he has a hard time communicating being all sealed up in a space suit - to which the astronaut replied, "I can't hear you, I'm all sealed up in this space suit..."

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,259 Views)