LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use cursors in Waveform Chart

Hi Everybody,

i am using a Waveform Chart in order to plot n variables at the same time. Once plotted, I want to see the difference in time and y-axis of the various variables.

Problem is: I just found out that I cannot use cursors in Waveform Charts. I read that I can make a Waveform Graph act as a Chart, but I would prefer keep using a Chart. There must be a way to analyze the differences of the plots in their respective x and y.

I hope I was clear enaught. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,731 Views)

I would suggest doing the math within your code when the chart gets updated. You could just have idicators that show the digital values and differences. You could even format it in to a table similar to how cursors are displayed.

This wouldn't show the actual crosshairs on the graph and you would have to program in some user input if you wanted to pull values at a specific point.

You could make your own cursor code for a chart using the Chart History property, but it will take some time to code that up.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,726 Views)

Yes, charts don't allow cursors.

@loba wrote:

I want to see the difference in time and y-axis of the various variables....

There must be a way to analyze the differences of the plots in their respective x and y.

Please explain what you mean by "analyze" and by "difference" (difference in time, difference in value, etc.).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,723 Views)

What I mean with differences is:

if I have to plots (plot1 and plot2) in the same Chart, given a point on the time axis, what is the corresponding value of plot1 and plot2? 

The point on the axis should be chosen arbitrarly by the user.

Doing math  with the plots seems the only solution, since cursors cannot be used.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,665 Views)