LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find a font and size that ports between Mac and PC

CC, you mentioned the problem about accentuated letter conversion. Can you start a new thraed on it or email us the problem so we can look at it more closely. We would be happy to CAR it if it is a bug.

Regards,
Ankita
Message 11 of 13
(1,692 Views)

Ankita a écrit:
CC, you mentioned the problem about accentuated letter conversion. Can you start a new thread on it or email us the problem so we can look at it more closely. We would be happy to CAR it if it is a bug.

I must apologize. I should have read more carefully the Porting and Localizing LabVIEW VIs document, where the character conversion problem was discussed. 😞

I just discovered that although the control/indicators labels stay unchanged for technical reasons (something I knew),  the captions are converted. And so are also the free labels...

I wonder how I missed that ! Now I'll spend the remains of my life trying to forget the amount of time lost in needless manual conversion 😠 😉

Thanks Ankita for making me more watchfull ! 🙂
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,672 Views)
A possible workaround for the font/boldness problem is to use INI files to set your "system" fonts.  To do this, find a font on each platform that looks about the same (e.g. Arial for Windows, Helv for Mac).  Use your INI file to set the fonts for the specific platform.  Your change between platforms is then limited to a single text file.  There are some problems with this approach.  System settings (e.g. large fonts, themes) will be ignored - this may be desireable.  There may not be two fonts which look sufficiently alike to do this (I have not tried.  I don't have a Mac).  System dialogs in LabVIEW (i.e. those written in C++ rather than in LabVIEW) may or may not be effected.  You can usually avoid these, if you have to.  Special fonts in the pages (bolding, large, headings, etc) will not be affected, since their font info is coded into the control/label.  This is probably the biggest problem with this approach.  As mentioned before, you may be able to write some code to change things on startup based on the platform, although this can get very complicated very fast.  Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,660 Views)