cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create standalone application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there 🙂

I've been searching all day the way to build an standalone app but I can't follow the steps. I'll explain myself:

I've an student version of LabVIEW 2014. I've checked and I've got the Application Builder licese activated

Captura.PNG

But when I go to my project and right click on "Build Specifications"->"New",  I don't have the "Application" option, just the "Source Distribution". Everywhere I see says I've to do this, but I can't find it.

I fear this is a stupid checkbox thing or something I'm not seeing, so if anyone could help me I'd be very gratefull 🙂

Best regards.

Sebb
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,920 Views)

not 100% sure but I think you need Application Builder which is an add on.  I know you need it for LV Full Development System..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,897 Views)

Did you get the application builder license *after* installing LabVIEW? I would open up the LabVIEW installer again and see if there is an option for it - I thought maybe it was something that was installed separately but I can't find any download links etc. for it.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,892 Views)

I know there is a separate license for a number of things ( add ons) in Labview. You can open License Manager and put it in. Its under National Instruments in the Start Menu.  if I remember correctly I called National w a similar problem.  Have the computer ID ready.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,884 Views)

Sam_Sharp escribió:

Did you get the application builder license *after* installing LabVIEW? I would open up the LabVIEW installer again and see if there is an option for it - I thought maybe it was something that was installed separately but I can't find any download links etc. for it.

No, it came with my LabVIEW student license. I've been searching toolkits and addons but didn't find an answer. If I search in the NI webpage, it says to me I've to pay for the Application Builder, but I have the license...

I usually install everything when I get an installer (just in case) but I'll run the installer and make sure I didn't left anything uninstalled.

Best regards.

Edit: I've run the installer and, as I thought, I didn't miss anything, I installed everything 😕

Sebb
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,873 Views)
The student version does not come with the application builder and as far as I know, you cannot add it. You would need to purchase the professional version of LabVIEW. Expand the Development System so we can see what you actually have.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,861 Views)

Dennis_Knutson escribió:
The student version does not come with the application builder and as far as I know, you cannot add it. You would need to purchase the professional version of LabVIEW. Expand the Development System so we can see what you actually have.

But here says the student version is the same as the LabVIEW Full Development System (but with a watermark). Also, as I have shown in the first post, I have activated an Application Builder license 😕

Sebb
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,851 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebbgod

Then please read the complete page again.

It also state:

Refer to the Related Links section for a full list of features for the different Student and non-student versions of LabVIEW. Please note that the following are not included in any option of LabVIEW Student Edition or in LabVIEW Full Development System:

• Application Builder (creates executables and shared libraries)
  • Source Code Control Tools (for code management)
  • Productivity Toolkits (for example, NI LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office)
Message 8 of 11
(4,842 Views)

dkfire escribió:

Then please read the complete page again.

It also state:

Refer to the Related Links section for a full list of features for the different Student and non-student versions of LabVIEW. Please note that the following are not included in any option of LabVIEW Student Edition or in LabVIEW Full Development System:

• Application Builder (creates executables and shared libraries)
  • Source Code Control Tools (for code management)
  • Productivity Toolkits (for example, NI LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office)

My bad, you're right. Thank you for your time 🙂

Although I don't understand why they give the license for Application Builder, but they dont let you have it.

Best regards.

Sebb
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,830 Views)

Yes, it is not clear at all why your license manager shows the application builder.

It seems you have a partial version that allows you to built source distributions, but nothing else. I have never heard of such a thing.

Maybe somebody from NI can clarify what's going on.

What does the license manager say about the LabVIEW development system if you expand that section?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,791 Views)