From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create Network Stream connections between Win and RT

David,

I will be working to try an replicate the issue you and Bob have been able to post. I've been monitoring the thread all morning, sorry I didn't post sooner. I'll try to work on an explanation later today.

I see Bob was able to use LabVIEW 2010 to replicate the issue, David which version are you using? Have you tried with multiple targets? I remember I saw a cRIO model posted ealier I'll double it to see if it was yours.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,447 Views)

Hi Kyle -

I'm working in LV 2011. Yes, I've tried on multiple cRIO models.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,446 Views)

David,

I tried out your code on one of our cRIO 9075 and I was unable to reproduce the situation that you and Bob are seeing.

I ran your code from the first post and it performed without any errors. I was able to successfully run the code atleast 5 times, just to make sure. I'm only seeing those errors when I let the network streams timeout.

Below is the settings I was using and I didn't change the code at all on the back end. I even ran my own example passing data back and forth between the rt target and the host and it worked fine.

Check to make sure you have the most up to date real-time module and NI-RIO driver. Try reformatting your controller to see if there is a newer version of the network stream engine available.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,432 Views)

David,

Just ran into the same thing.  I'm trying to gin together network streams for an easy communiction protocol for passing objects between a host PC and a cRIO.  Worked great on Windows to Windows communication.  Soon as I put it to Win/RT communications its started failing.  I moved all the "active" endpoints to the Windows machine and it worked immediately.  Odd .... either way, my band-aid is till holding ...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,333 Views)

I did the same thing, Kent. No real solution to this problem, just the workaround of always putting your passive endpoint on the RT system.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,331 Views)

David, I just ran into the same thing, but with a laptop and a PXI windows machine. I turned off firewalls on both computers and still could only put passive endpoints on the PXI.

After digging into firewall settings some more, I realized that even with the firewall turned off, I still had to add an exception for lkads.exe per http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BB3A4E062CE21A098625775F00710497.

Turns out that my work network firewall was being forced on regardless of what I tried to do. The PXI was not on our domain, so was not governed by those rules.

Once I added the exception for lkads.exe on my laptop, I was able to run active or passive endpoints on both machines. Don't know if it will fix your case, but would be worth a try.

Message 16 of 16
(1,161 Views)