cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to cRIO (OK in MAX)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to operate my cRIO from a different computer than usual (after the usual one's hard drive failed), and having trouble connecting. Both are running LabVIEW 2013, and in MAX I can see that LabVIEW Real-Time 13.0.0 as well as NI-RIO 13.0 and NI-RIO IO Scan 13.0 are all installed. MAX says that the cRIO is connected and running.

However, in my project, I can't connect to the cRIO properly (right-click, 'Connect' does nothing, and the 'LED' on the icon stays dark). If I open a new VI on the cRIO, it can run and read data from the modules, but has no functions or controls available in the menus. In the project explorer, the RIO shows up with the message "features not available."

I've attached a diagnostic screenshot to help explain the situation.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ecb1123

It would be helpful to see what software is installed on your local machine, rather than on the cRIO. Mostly likely you do not have the Real-Time Toolkit installed on the PC.

Message 2 of 5
(3,943 Views)

Hi Nathand,

Do you mean this module? http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4200/lang/en

Attached is a screenshot of the installed software.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,939 Views)

Yes, that's it. You'll also need the FPGA module if you are compiling FPGA code for the cRIO (not needed if you're only using the Scan Engine). Note that both these modules are licensed separately so you'll need to make sure your serial number covers them, or that you have separate serial numbers for them.

Message 4 of 5
(3,936 Views)

Hi Nathand, that was the fix. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,913 Views)