From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Index Array into Formula Node

Hello,

I just upgraded from LV2011 to 32 bit LV2012 on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I have some simple code that ran under 2011 and no longer works. I've attached screen shots and a simplified version of the code to this post. I'm indexing an array and putting it into a formula node and then copying the input to the output. If I index the array using the loop iterator or a manual iterator I get nonsense as an output. If I wire a constant, so it only picks out one column I get the expected result for using only one column.

This seems like particularly strange behavior, possibly a problem with LV. I have implemented a simple work around in my program but would like to know why this is a problem with version 2012. I would appreciate opinions and help.

Thanks,
Ed

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,185 Views)

HI edward_01,

Actually this is a known issue that was reported to R&D recently. A Corrective Action Request (CAR) has been created and you may check the "LabVIEW Release Notes" of future versions to verify if this behavior has been corrected. The CAR# for this issue is 369437.

Regards,

Minor Coto

Applications Engenieer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,152 Views)