LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone show me how to get the data from this vi into four columns in a spreadsheet file.

Solved!
Go to solution

I believe the issue is being caused by my numerical data, 1-D array of dbl waveform (double(64-bit real(~15 digit precision))). I believe it has to do with the conversion of this data that is causing my headaches. I alleviated all of the vi except for raw data using numeric constants in place of the 1-d array of dbl waveform and was able to get the result I wanted by simply using the convert into string vi. However I cannot use the convert into string vi. with the 1-d array of dbl waveform, the only way I know to convert this to a string is using the array to spreadsheet string vi. which is giving me the undesired results. Does this make sense to anyone and if so do you have any ideas on getting around this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(358 Views)

I think this is what you may be looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(354 Views)

I can't see it, I have labview 8.2.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(349 Views)

Please forgive my forgetfulness. Here's the 8.2 version.

Message 14 of 15
(336 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BWMPDINC

No problem. Thanks everyone for your help. I found out that the only thing I needed to do was replace the "Array to Spradsheet String" vi with "Number to Fractional String" vi and that fixed everything. According to NI Software Engineer the "Array to Spreadsheet String" vi appends a new line to the end of the output string and that is why I was getting data in multiple rows. Like I said I really do appreciate all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(320 Views)