LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone show me how to get the data from this vi into four columns in a spreadsheet file.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get the data into four columns in a spreadsheet. The data consists of two strings and two measurements, a max voltage and a voltage after x seconds. I have attached the code. Any help would be great. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,549 Views)

Help -> Examples

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,545 Views)

Where are you having problems?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,536 Views)

Try removing the array to spreadsheet and have the array index. Then connect that terminal to the 2d array terminal on the Write to Spreadsheet.

Like this

Spreadsheet.png

Hope this helps

but, your question was "Can someone show me how to get the data from this vi into four columns in a spreadsheet file?"

So, I guess the real answer would be: "yes"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,532 Views)

I'm getting the data I'm supposed to get, I want the data from each iteration to be placed in a single row, it should be four columns of data in each row. The first being user input information, the second a voltage measurement, the third a voltage measurement, and the fourth a date and time stamp. What I'm getting is two columns of data. The first column has the user input information, the second column has the two voltage measurements and the time stamp. I hope I;m not being too confusing, but basically I can't get all the data in one row.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,519 Views)

You probably need to reshape the array. Try this

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,502 Views)

I'm sorry I should have mentioned I have labview 8.2. I can't open the file you uploaded... Could you possibly post a screenshot. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,499 Views)

It's likely you just need to NOT transpose the array (input into the Write to Spreadsheet File.vi should be FALSE)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,494 Views)

None of the above have gotten the result I was looking for. I was able to get all the data in one column with the suggestion of reshaping the array, but I can't seem to get all the data in one row. Just a reminder I am a novice with the software and I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I appreciate all the suggestions so far.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,475 Views)