LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with a simple alarm clock

Hi Everyone, Apologies if this is the wrong section or if ive missed anything simple but im new to labview at the moment.  I would like to create a simple user-programmable clock which shows a visible alarm (boolean LED) when the set time matches the current time.  I can currently get the current time to display on a time stamp and know how to change a time stamp into a control so that I can enter a time and date into the time stamp.  What I would like to do if possible is to make a system where by the boolean light will illuminate when a user inputtable time and date matches the current date and time.  Is there also any way to allow the LED to remain illuminated until a reset button is pressed?  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(5,900 Views)

See if this works ... (LV 2012 as you did not specify)

Message 2 of 18
(5,891 Views)

Hi, Thanks for that, where you have the alarm timestamp and 'get current date/time' going into the comparator with boolean output, I had set the comparator as = rather than > and I couldnt work out why it wouldnt function. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(5,886 Views)

@rob378 wrote:

Hi, Thanks for that, where you have the alarm timestamp and 'get current date/time' going into the comparator with boolean output, I had set the comparator as = rather than > and I couldnt work out why it wouldnt function. Thanks

Probably because if you actually ever hit the EXACT time, you probably should've played lotto rather than spend all your luck matching a timestamp.  😉  I guess >= is technically more correct.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 18
(5,875 Views)

Hi, I am keen to explore into the alarm clock application. I am wondering if you have the lower version? I am using LV2011. Thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(5,790 Views)

Hello ck76.

I saw your request and saved it for a previous version (LV 2011) as you asked.

See the attachment below.

Hope this helps!

Mondoni
Message 6 of 18
(5,772 Views)

Hi, thank you very much. It works great!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,743 Views)

Hi, thank you very much. It works great!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,742 Views)

Smiley Happy

Next time you need any conversion, visit this board (Official Version Conversion Board).

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(5,720 Views)

great! noted on the link.

by the way, can I ask you another question? if i am running a VI, then at the click of a button, i wish to call another VI (sub VI) - just like doing a function call within a main program, and I wish to make this sub VI running in the foreground, how can I do so? so far, I am able to call the sub VI, but the sub VI is at the background. in other words, I have to switch window in order to see the sub VI.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,696 Views)