From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone create a program for me to calclate resistane using current and voltage. I need a visual graph and a few knobs for aesthetic purposes. PLS HELP

Solved!
Go to solution

This is an excellent design, but there is a subtle issue. If the current or voltage is changed too rapidly, this will cause the queue to have a significant back-pressure of data elements, which could overload the Queue Read or Queue Write subroutines. Normally this won't be a problem, but for good coding practice you should include code to handle this. The best way would be to include a Queue Flush after data is sent to the queue. This is a rather advanced programming practice, so you may not want to delve into it. However, I'm sure that if you mention it to your teacher, you will get bonus points.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(4,584 Views)

@bigmushy wrote:
THANKS SO MUCH

My reply isn't worthy of thanks  It is intentionally obfuscated; the only thing I considered implementing, but didn't, was encoding a snarky remark about Java in a boolean constant on the Block Diagram.  I hope you're good enough at Java to see the blatant silliness in my code.

But, thanks for giving me credit for a solution!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(4,516 Views)

Thanks, Jim.  It has been a while since I saw a good RG to torture lazy students.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(4,486 Views)

jcarmody wrote:

My reply isn't worthy of thanks  It is intentionally obfuscated; the only thing I considered implementing, but didn't, was encoding a snarky remark about Java in a boolean constant on the Block Diagram.  I hope you're good enough at Java to see the blatant silliness in my code.

I've seen soo much worse i consider that ok ... 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(4,437 Views)

@bigmushy wrote:

THANKS BRO, UR THE BEST!!! 

I think the troll (me) has been trolled.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 19 of 21
(4,309 Views)

Or the troll is in too far and won't back down now.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(4,304 Views)