From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can partial transparency of a tab control be achieved?

Can partial transparency of a tab control be achieved?

I want to place it behind another control with focus to draw attention to it by brining in semi-transparent tab control.

I want the semi-transparent control to fill the entire area of the front panel (not the entire screen like the LAVA fade-in VI), anyway it should be a control not a VI because the control with focus is another control and not a dialog box.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,458 Views)

Well the only suggestion a couple of ways but it turns out neither worked.

First I was going to say use a subpanel, and insert into the subpanel a VI that is semi-transparent.  Turns out transparency is ignored in a supanel.  

Okay no problem Windows supports Child Parent window relationship.  So make the child semi transparent then make the Main VI a parent of the child subVI.  That causes the child subVI to disappear.  It works fine if it isn't set to be transparent.

I guess a last resort that would work, but would suck if nothing else works, is use the picture control, and make an image of your tab that can be interacted with like a tab.  Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,431 Views)

Please if it is posible give more detailed information about solution, I am interested too. i have some problem and can not solve. if it is possible please example VI post too. or pictures.

With best Regards

Hrachya

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,189 Views)

...you are a CLA, what have you tried?  Explain in detail what you want to achive and how you want it to look.  In the end a picture control can give you want you want, but lots of extra work.  Also you misspelled LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,186 Views)

For First, I have not any misspelled in LabView.

For Second Yes I am an CLA....

I want to know Your experience for doing partial transparency of a tab. I do the same what You write without child and mother part. can not do that part.

Thank You

With Best Regards

Hrachya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,175 Views)

Thank You

i find the solution for that task.

Thank You.

With Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,171 Views)

@Hrachya wrote:

Thank You

i find the solution for that task.

Thank You.

With Best Regards 

Oh well how nice for you.  Care to share it with the community, I'm sure the battler. would be interested in hearing what you did.

I highly suggest you spell the language you are an architect in correctly.  I have seen resumes thrown in the trash for not spelling it correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,163 Views)

I would suggest making the tab completely transparent and placing a semi-transparent PNG in it and moving it to the back. As for how to create a PNG with transparency, I'll leave it to you to look it up.

(3,152 Views)

@Hrachya wrote:

For First, I have not any misspelled in LabView.

Hrachya

In your signature .......

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,138 Views)

Like this 🙂

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,106 Views)