LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not load help information, so I can not save my work?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been working on this vi for about an hour.

When I try to save I ge an error that says "Can not load help information of find_resources.vi"

So it will not let me save it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,546 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RTSLVU

I don't know what's this error, however in an emergency I would try to copy and paste the whole block diagram to a new vi.

Unless the error arises for all vi's, of course...

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,533 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

I don't know what's this error, however in an emergency I would try to copy and paste the whole block diagram to a new vi.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. It only seemed to effect that one vi so I don't know what was going on....

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,517 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@pincpanter wrote:

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. It only seemed to effect that one vi so I don't know what was going on....

That particular VI got corrupted some how.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,502 Views)

Well, I have this same error when trying to save a VI.

CannotLoadHelp

I was editing, then LabVIEW Crashed, but let me recover several VIs and the project.

I tried to copy the entire diagram of the VI, however, it will not copy.

The entire While Loop and Case Structure inside will not copy, only the controls and indicators outside the loop.

I tried to copy only the While Loop, then only the case structure, but neither worked.

However, I was able to copy some of the case contents to save time with the re-write.

When LV crashes, it's not pretty!

This reminds me of those "insane object" errors back in the good old days.

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,439 Views)

Hi James,

That error is usually indicative that the VI is unfortunately corrupt. I'm sorry that you had to spend some time rewriting your code. I wanted to provide some information that I found in case you ran into anything like this again in the future.

If "Select All" then copying to a VI does not work, that is usually a good sign that the VI is corrupt. At that point, there is not much you can do except possibly look at the recovery VIs that LabVIEW saves. If the VI is there, you can try moving it out of the recovery directory and opening it. The location for the autosave directory varies depending on how your system is set up, but it is typically located in your Documents folder > LabVIEW Data > LVAutoSave. For more information on how LabVIEW autosave works, take a look at this KnowledgeBase article.

Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,402 Views)