LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can individual elements in a 1D array have different labels and if so how can this be done?

Solved!
Go to solution

Setting up a test bed for measuring voltages on a DUT.  If making multiple measurements, via DAQmx module setup for multiple channels & single samples, with the results stored in a 1D array can the elements within the array be named accordingly to the channel making the measurement?  For example element 0 may be channel 21, element 1 might be channel 30 or the name may be for element 0 +5V and element 1 would be +1.8V.  If so how can this be done?  I have looked through the property node attributes with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author m.routt@f5.com

You can't do it with labels.  All elements in an array must have the same attributes.  Something I've seen done is use an array of clusters.  The clusters would contain a string for the channel name and an array of the data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,042 Views)

Thanks and I had a feeling that I would not be able to label elements in the array differently but I had to ask just in case.  I was thinking about using a cluster so I will continue on that path.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,036 Views)