From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i convert a xy plot that i get from my input values, into a circular shape in Labview?

The hand drawn plot you posted looks like a polynomial or the sum of (1-exponential) functions. 

There are many types of curve fitting available in LabVIEW, including fitting to custom functions. However, YOU must decide what knid of function provides a reasonable model for your process and your data.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,200 Views)

That's what i posted before:

1) ''The gas sensor gives the output in the form of Voltage and this voltage varies  with the amount of specific gas particles present in the environment. Y axis is Voltage and x Axis is time. I gave previously a rough sketch and i am now attaching the image that contains a rough sketch of the output, i actually got from the person who has worked on it before.''

2) '' the data is coming from a gas sensor and its been done by someone else already the work i have got is to convert it to an envelope or a circular shape. and to do  the corelation between the ideal circular shape and the one that i will get after converting my data to an envelope or a close enough circular shape''

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,195 Views)

It sounds like even you are not sure what the graph is supposed to represent... and that's NOT a LabVIEW problem...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,186 Views)

This is my exact task:

'The gas sensor gives the output in the form of Voltage and this voltage varies  with the amount of specific gas particles present in the environment that's why i can't get a value in the other quadrants. Y axis is Voltage and x Axis is time.  The work i have got is to convert it to an envelope or a circular shape. and afterwards to do  the corelation between the ideal circular shape and the one that i will get after converting my data to an envelope or a close enough circular shape''

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,173 Views)

I agree, it doesn't appear that you know what you want.  You are describing a simple XY graph, I don't understand why you want to "convert" it to a circle.  That isn't clear.  And putting a circle around a group of points doesn't really tell you anything either. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,169 Views)

Don't see how you can get a circular shape when time flows only in one direction.  There's a piece of the puzzle that's plainly missing.  You talk about converting your data into a circle.  That's your job, not ours.  Once you figure out that part, we can help you with the rest.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,165 Views)

That's what my point was to my supervisor but he said he wants me to convert it to a circular shape even if it was a simple xy graph. and that's why i preferred to ask here as i did not understand how to convert this graph into a circular shape in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,159 Views)

@ARSAL7 wrote:

That's what my point was to my supervisor but he said he wants me to convert it to a circular shape even if it was a simple xy graph. and that's why i preferred to ask here as i did not understand how to convert this graph into a circular shape in Labview.

MY point is, it is NOT a LabVIEW issue.  LabVIEW will plot what you want to plot.  YOU have to decide what it is you want to plot first!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,152 Views)

Ok I would ask him for further clarification.  He's not explaining himself because it seems like something is missing.  If your x axis and y axis are defined you can't just change where the points are to make a circle. 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,148 Views)

If the gas concentration varies sinusoidally with time (NOT what you have shown), you could separate the data into segments based on the period of the sine wave. Then each segment could be plotted parametrically as a circle.  Other than that I see no way to even get close to a circle without much more information about the nature of your system.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,145 Views)