LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me on taking continious measurements with agilent 34970A-34901A

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to help to take continious measurements with 34970A-34910A. Everyone says that you need to configure "Agilent 34970A Advanced Scan.vi". I modified this vi to measure temperature and pressure(current) but I could not go a sterp forward to measure continiously. how can I do this? I attached the vi that I modified.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,476 Views)

Hi newbieeng,

Have you checked the Agilent website to verify that your device can perform this type of measurement?  What did you mean when you modified the vi to measure temperature and pressure.  You modified the driver itself?  Anymore information that you can provide will help!

Cheers,

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,446 Views)

@cole R wrote:

Hi newbieeng,

Have you checked the Agilent website to verify that your device can perform this type of measurement?  What did you mean when you modified the vi to measure temperature and pressure.  You modified the driver itself?  Anymore information that you can provide will help!

Cheers,

This person has posted MULTIPLE times about this instrument. For some reason all the help that has been given on this message board isn't adequate and here he is again about the same topic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,441 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

Duplicate

These are different topics. The link that you embedded in "Duplicate" is relevat to hardware communication issue but this one is totally associated with labview programing structure. I am trying to be careful not to open threads in the same subject but sometimes I forgot the topics that I opened previously. The thread you linked is not the same with this one.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,428 Views)

@cole R wrote:

Hi newbieeng,

Cheers,

Hi Cole,

I checked the user manual and it is said that the device (Agilent 34970A) is capable of scanning 60 ch/second. And I can use this device via its original program without any problem. All I want is to make the device compatible with labview. I can measure just temperature or pressure without any problem via VIs but when I tried to measure pressure and temperature simultaneously at the same time I could not do it. I did not modify the driver structures, I just modified the Advanced scan vi that is provided by Agilent 34970A labview examples. The program just takes one mesurement and after it stops. I want to use it  continiously. The vi have been attached under the first post.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,425 Views)

The example requires a few modifications. First, the loop that converts the returned string to the 'Readings' array should probably be inside the case statement. Then you can place a loop around the trigger, read, and convert. Something like what is shown below. I think that there is a better way to continuously trigger but I don't remember exactly what I did. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,418 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieeng

I solved the question of taking continuous measurement with Agilent 34970A - 34901A. All my mistake is in usb serial port configuration. To take continuous measurement, the flow control configuration of usb serial port must be set up as "XON/OFF" and the same setting should be done in the vi. You could measure temperature/voltage/current simultaneously by doing this.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,373 Views)