From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me create a program that outputs a continuous voltage? Details below

I want to be able to write a program that will output a voltage for 1 minute and then another voltage for another minute, this needs to be done continuously for a certain number of cycles. One cycle is going from the first voltage for a min to the other voltage for a minute. All of these values need to be changed. It is for an experiment. 

I am very bad with Labview and am certainly lost. Where should I start or does someone have a similar program written already I can modify?

Thanks so much!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,127 Views)

Look into the example code. From there on you can see how to do it and can use it as a start for making your own application.

In LabVIEW go to: Help --> Find Examples --> Hardware Input and Output

Depending on your hardware you can find here the examples you need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,124 Views)

Hi,

There is the dividing line between the hardware and software.  What instrument are you using, have you downloaded the drivers or read the fab manual yet?  That is one good starting point.

As you described, you can use a while loop, with a "select" to send one voltage and then the next.  You will need a timer to count minutes and a shift register to hold the T/F for the "select".  The timer will have to be reset and will put out a T/F signal when time is reached.

Put together the while loop, give it a shot and post for review.

I would recommend running the example VI from the instrument driver.

So this is a good starting point.  If you are brand new to LabVIEW there are several "getting started" aids on the web site.  Good luck.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,109 Views)