From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give me a LabView program to do impedance spectroscopy (capacitance-frequency) with a HP4284 LRC interfaced to a probe station?

I am trying to measure the frequency dependent dielectric function of some polymer systems.  Our group has a HP4284 LCR meter interfaced to a probe station, however we lack the LabView code to perform frequency dependent capacitance measurements (i.e. electrical impedance spectroscopy).  Any help is much appreciated.  Cheers!

-Kwami

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,856 Views)

First, study the manual and learn how to do a measurement manually. Then, download the driver (LabVIEW Tools>Instrumenation>Find Instrument Drivers), install the project style driver. Next, look at the LabVIEW examples for it (Help>Find Examples>Hardware Input and Output>Instrument Drivers>LabVIEW Plug and Play). Study the functions in the driver with Context Help turned on. Look at the block diagrams to see what commands in the manual each function implements. Decide which functions/commands are necessary to duplicate your manual test.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,849 Views)