LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone Identify why elements 5 and 21 (0-indexed) in this array are more than one character?

Solved!
Go to solution

Attached is the VI. This VI takes an enum (interpreted as a U16) and converts it to a single character. The inputs to this VI are sanitized so they do not have any out-of bounds conditions. This VI is used to uniquely name a log folder according to certain simulation characteristics. The extra characters in elements 5 and 21 are making my log/path VI's blow up (as there are extra newlines etc).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,762 Views)

That's how you coded it up.

Do a size to Text on your array element. You actually have the extra Fs and newlines in there.

Message 2 of 5
(2,755 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ijustlovemath

Change the display of your string array to 'Hex Display' or '\ Code Display' and you will quickly see what is going on.

Message 3 of 5
(2,750 Views)
Aha! This has been the bane of my existence for the past few hours. The \ view is really helpful. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,741 Views)

@ijustlovemath wrote:
Aha! This has been the bane of my existence for the past few hours. The \ view is really helpful. Thanks!

And some advice with that, make sure the view mode is being displayed (right-click->Visible Items->Display Mode).  It makes life easier since you then know which mode is being used.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,703 Views)