From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PC-based Labview 7.1 (Desktop) work with any bluetooth drivers?

Hi. I am going to build a bluetooth application to access the other BT-enabled devices sunch as handphones or embedded microcontrollers.
I have a Dlink DBT-120 and its driver. Is it possible to build Labview application in my computer, to use the DBT-120's driver to communicate?
Your advice or suggestion would be a great help to me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,313 Views)
The Bluetooth VIs that ship with LabVIEW require that your Bluetooth device use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. This is outlined in the tutorial linked here. Just because your Bluetooth adapter comes with its own driver does not necessarily mean that it isn't compatible with the Mircosoft driver, so you should consider switching to the Microsoft driver for LabVIEW compatibility. If the DLink driver has some kind of API that you can tap into (such as a DLL from which you can call functions), then it may be theoretically possible for you to write your own custom Bluetooth VIs that work with the DLink driver, but this would likely be quite a task. The easiest solution is just to go with the Microsoft driver.

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,291 Views)

Hi. Thanks a lot I will look into it.

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,280 Views)