From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Multiple Applications Access same DAQ ni usB-6289 device?

I have to Run Multiple Instances of a LabVIEW Executable Simultaneously. Is it possible to access the same DAQ ni usB-6289 device for all of the LabVIEW instance?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,524 Views)

dianageorge a écrit :

I have to Run Multiple Instances of a LabVIEW Executable Simultaneously. Is it possible to access the same DAQ ni usB-6289 device for all of the LabVIEW instance?

Thanks.

Never tried it but I doubt you will be able to acces the DAQ simultaneously, To verify it try accesing the DAQ in LabVIEW and in MAX at the same time.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,512 Views)
Definitely not. You will get a resource reserved error, just like if you had multiple tasks in one VI. Why do you need multiple instances of the exe?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,501 Views)

Building on the question Dennis asked, it sounds like you have a poor architecture decision.  Are you stuck with this exe because you don't have access to the source code?  If you have access to the source code and need to run multiple tests at once, you'll want to modify the source code to use multiple channels within your task rather than try to create multiple VIs to perform multiple tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,486 Views)