LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Labview Query the Local Licenses or the Volume Licenses?

I would like my application to check that all my required runtime licenses are installed when the program first runs. Is this possible? Specifically, I have servers that use a Volume License for Vision Builder AI 2013 SP1. Ocassionally the servers are unlicensed and I would like my application to inform the User that this is the case.

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,838 Views)

You're going to need to access Reg keys in order to pull this information.

You can use the "Windows Registry Access VIs" palette to get at them. I would suggest browsing through regedit.exe to find the keys you care about and go from there using that palette.

Edit: Found this cool example. You need to change that first constant to reflect the license you want to check.

The key directory in the example uses "SOFTWARE\National Instruments\", but I found a lot more information on my computer at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\". Just an FYI.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,761 Views)

James, Thanks. I can see there is a lot more information at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\", particularly for Vision Builder. Oddly enough, one of my servers is not accepting a license from the Volume License server and yet the registry keys are filled in exactly the same as another server that is. So I can find no way to distinguish them. When I run Vision Builder on the server that is not showing licensed, it shows that it is running in the 30-day evaluation period. I searched the registry keys for a while between the two servers to see if I could find some way to distinguish them but I could not.

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,734 Views)
Eek, maybe someone else on here knows how to query a Boolean for whether or not a license is valid...

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,709 Views)