LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabVIEW register a .NET event whose data is "struct-like"?

The API I'm reading describes the event handler as taking (object sender, ProprietaryEventData eventArgs). The ProprietaryEventData is a combination of DateTime, GUID, two ENUMs, a long integer, and a string containing a message. I read that "LabVIEW can't handle raw delegates". Is this one of those times? Will I have to write some kind of wrapper to make these events more LV friendly? What would that look like?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,578 Views)

@ijustlovemath wrote:

The API I'm reading describes the event handler as taking (object sender, ProprietaryEventData eventArgs). The ProprietaryEventData is a combination of DateTime, GUID, two ENUMs, a long integer, and a string containing a message. I read that "LabVIEW can't handle raw delegates". Is this one of those times? Will I have to write some kind of wrapper to make these events more LV friendly? What would that look like?

No, No, and No in that order. Have a look at your previous question regarding setting up an event handler via the "Callback" mechanism in LabVIEW. Once you have the ProprietaryEventData object you can take apart the (presumably) properties of the object to get the data you seek.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,540 Views)