From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabVIEW exe run in internet explorer?

I want to run my labview exe in Internet Explorer. I just want to know whether this is possible or not. If sombody knows please guild me on this..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,097 Views)
You can publish the front panel that can be viewed in IE. Look at the remote panel examples. Any client mist have the LabVIEW runtime installed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,083 Views)

Thanks for your reply.. I am not looking for remote panel methed. My requirement is labview exe file should run in the internet explorer window whenever we double click on it.  is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,061 Views)

No. Internet Explorer is for displaying web pages and LabVIEW produces executables which run on your computer. Can you load any other applications (executables?) into Internet Explorer? No...

Maybe in the future it will be possible (look at the Web UI builder) but certainly not in current versions of LabVIEW, Remote Front Panels are the closest thing that is currently available. You can put an Internet Explorer control into a LabVIEW front panel, however.

You can also create webpages which communicate with a LabVIEW application (see the WebSockets link in my signature).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,049 Views)

Exactly, what you describe does not make sense the way you are describing it.  Now if you want to view a web page in IE, that has some way of getting or setting data, from a running EXE on a server, then there are some options, none of which are perfect.

LabSocket

Wezarp

VIRemote

Prototype on LAVA

Or you can do something custom where you read and write WebServer data and publish it to a custom Java script page.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,977 Views)