LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use PID toolkit in 64 bit LabVIEW?

Hi,

I switched to a new PC and installed 64 bit LabVIEW, hoping more memory would help caching and streaming large images continuously acquired by my cameras. But I just realized that the PID toolkit I have been using doesn't support 64 bit LabVIEW.

I tried the method provided in this post (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22604), which, as I understand, is basically copying all the vi's and related files from 32 bit LabVIEW to 64 bit LabVIEW folders and then mass compiling them. I was able to copy all the files except that I didn't find any file in resource\Framework\Providers\ that sounds related to PID and Fuzzy Logic. Unfortunately, the compiling of a number of PID vi's failed. If I try to call them in my code, the vi is shown as nonexecutable.

Is there a way that I can get the PID vi's to work in 64 bit LabVIEW?

Thanks!

YJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,900 Views)

YJ,

Unfortunately, PID depends on a DLL that in 2013 and earlier is only compiled in 32-bit.

However, if you open the PID.vi in the Array instance, you can add the 64-bit option to the diagram disable and then, use the G-version of the algorithm instead of 32-bit.

Let me know if you need more information...

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,853 Views)

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT WELL

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,619 Views)

It was a long time ago. I ended up open the PID vi in my code and recompiled it in 64 bit LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,612 Views)