LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade from 8.6 to 2010 with 8.6 License Key?

Dear Forum,

this might be an easy question for you.
I have a bunch of CDs here. One set of LabVIEW 8.6 and the according License Key. In this box (of my company) there are also a bunch of Labview 2010 Discs and a message from NI that these DVDs come free of charge as a part of the Standard Service Program or Volume License Program.

Also I read somewhere that you have "full version support" for the next few versions of the LabVIEW Version that you buy. Does all of this mean, that I can upgrade my LabVIEW 8.6 Version to LabVIEW2010 without having to buy any new license key?
Or at least to LabVIEW 2009?

All the best,
Arvel!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)

You should call your NI representative to check for sure.

The SSP program runs on a yearly basis.  So if you haven't renewed your SSP, you can't upgrade.  If you happened to have received physical DVD's from NI, then you probably were under the SSP program.  There is no such thing as "next few versions".

If you install your LV 2010 discs, then activate with your license key, it should probably work (since it sounds like you received them under the SSP.)

But as I said, call your NI guy to be sure.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,260 Views)

Thanks for your fast reply. I tried it again and now it worked. The problem was that the 2010 was installed before the old version.
So first you need to install LabVIEW 8.6, THEN install the LabVIEW 2010. So I had to delete everything again, and reinstall in the correct order.
So just in case someone has the same problem one day.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,245 Views)