From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer NIMax tasks and calibration data without export/import?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a bit of a situation on hand and would appreciate any help.

I'm running Labview 2012 and NIMax 5.3.0, and recently both of them have decided not to start anymore. I've almost given up on them, but I'd like to know if there's any way to at least rescue my tasks and calibration data from the wreckage of the broken NIMax installation without being able to export them anymore?

Thank you in advance

-Antti

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,355 Views)

Actually yes, if you know exactly where the xml files are saved.  Of course, those files may be corrupted causing MAX to have serious problems.  (Likely the reason MAX is broken in the first place)

You are going to have a bad day.  I'm sorry

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 7
(3,299 Views)

Thank you, that's a spark of hope at least. I don't actually believe the nimax itself is corrupted, but probably one of the dependencies on Windows' side. Oh well.

Do you have any clue as to what sort of xml files I might be looking for and where to start?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,293 Views)

Yes, I have an idea for some OSs and some versions of MAX.  Rather than steering you wrong and making things potentially MUCH worse, I'd suggest that you open a service request with NI.

I have been known to refer to MAX as "XMLHELL"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 7
(3,275 Views)

Okay, that's probably wise. Thank you all the same.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnttiA

Hello everyone

This page seems to answer this question.

The file path for me (windows 10) was "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Data" where ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Best regards

Gustav

Message 6 of 7
(3,164 Views)

That did it, thank you!

-Antti

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,136 Views)