From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send a 'Built' application to someone with new hardware and have it work without having to load all of the software? This is DAQmx application.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a completed, working LabVIEW 7.1 application.  It is 'Built' as an executable file.  If I have a long distance user buy the required NI hardware, will my exe file recognize the front end and work?

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,641 Views)

Hi,

The LabVIEW runtime engine is available for download from NI.  So you can send the exe files and they should work fine.

Depending on the hardware and the code you might have them set up the hardware using MAX or a Max configuration file.

Not sure what you mean by "front end".

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,637 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwbrook@integratedps.com

You should be able to create an installer that automatically includes the everything needed to run your applicaton. 

Exported MAX configuration

LabVIEW Run-Time

DAQmx   Run-Time

MAX

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,630 Views)

The exported Max config file is most probably my problem.  I have sent them the RunTime engine adn the executable.  I think I understand.  I need to send them the Max config files.

Thanks!

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,627 Views)

One question on the MAX.  The user on the other end has to run that and then create the MAX configuration, correct?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,620 Views)

You can export your DAQmx configuration and then have the installer run the import for you automatically.  It works fairly well in my experience.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(2,617 Views)

New versions of the application builder allow you to set up the installer to automatically import the inluded MAX configuration.  I've never run the version that you are using so I can't say for sure.

The general idea is to get the NI hardware and drivers installed on the target PC, make sure that the device is named the same as it was on the development machine and then import the MAX configuration.  At this point your .exe should be able to run.

Message 7 of 8
(2,615 Views)