LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move Add ins?

Hello,

I don't know if I can describethat very well (I am learing LabView at the moment)

Is it possible to "move" the user specific Add ins?

So that they not appear in "right click  > User Libarys > Add in" but in "right click > Add in"?

I am Using LV 2011 and 2014 both 32bit and 64bit Versions and Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Tools->Advanced->Edit Palette Set.

I don't normally suggest moving things around in the palettes.  Just be careful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,128 Views)
I agree. Don't go and move anything. Just create a new palette that points to the existing functions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,123 Views)

usually I would agree, but it is for a test for my company to get our VIs faster, would it be possible to just "copy" the tool or create a link?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,118 Views)

We put all of our re-use libraries into VI Packages - with those we can specify exactly where the VIs appear in the palette menus (including icon/position/ordering). Maybe it would be worth looking at?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,078 Views)

I solved the problem, I just add them manually in, and not drag n drop them in the user.lib .

The solution (from an earlyer message was correct) is like that: Tools -> Advanced -> Edit palette Set -> then on the Palette right click -> insert -> (the wanted VIs)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,977 Views)