From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move Add ins?

Hello,

I don't know if I can describethat very well (I am learing LabView at the moment)

Is it possible to "move" the user specific Add ins?

So that they not appear in "right click  > User Libarys > Add in" but in "right click > Add in"?

I am Using LV 2011 and 2014 both 32bit and 64bit Versions and Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,134 Views)

Tools->Advanced->Edit Palette Set.

I don't normally suggest moving things around in the palettes.  Just be careful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,124 Views)
I agree. Don't go and move anything. Just create a new palette that points to the existing functions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,119 Views)

usually I would agree, but it is for a test for my company to get our VIs faster, would it be possible to just "copy" the tool or create a link?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,114 Views)

We put all of our re-use libraries into VI Packages - with those we can specify exactly where the VIs appear in the palette menus (including icon/position/ordering). Maybe it would be worth looking at?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,074 Views)

I solved the problem, I just add them manually in, and not drag n drop them in the user.lib .

The solution (from an earlyer message was correct) is like that: Tools -> Advanced -> Edit palette Set -> then on the Palette right click -> insert -> (the wanted VIs)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,973 Views)