LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I convert j-type thermocouple data to k-type?

Sorry, it looks like those menus are from LabView or something....which I do not have.

Doesn't look like a link from this NI website.

I don't know how you got the menu with mathematics..

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,608 Views)

@Ryche wrote:

Sorry, it looks like those menus are from LabView or something....which I do not have.

Yes, of course they're from LabVIEW, you posted in a LabVIEW forum! If your question wasn't about LabVIEW, then why are you posting here?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,607 Views)

Sorry

tried to be clear about using a Fluke 54 thermometer.

My readings came out from 22°C to 90°C using a K thermocouple with the input set for J type.

Thanks for your quick help! Hoped someone could help in this regard. Didn't think it was LabView specific.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,604 Views)

Well, the constants and equations you need to do the calculations yourself are all available online, for example from http://www.omega.com/temperature/Z/pdf/z198-201.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,600 Views)

Thanks Nathan!

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,597 Views)

Hi

i collected temperature data by using agilent measurement for temperature after that i noticed the thermocouple is J type but i measured it in K type(Manual Setting configaration). and now i need to convert Ktype data to J type data...how does it can be possilbe plz... give me a suggestion 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,571 Views)

Hi

i collected temperature data by using agilent measurement for temperature after that i noticed the thermocouple is J type but i measured it in K type(Manual Setting configaration). and now i need to convert Ktype data to J type data...how does it can be possilbe plz... give me a suggestion 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,571 Views)

Ok, just to be sure, you are using LabVIEW, do you? If so you will simply have to go through this thread and follow Nathan's explanation. If not you will have to dig into the polynomial tables those VIs are based on and which come from NIST and calculate in the tool of your choice (or by hand) the temperature to voltage conversion for your measurements and original thermocouple type and then from there back to temperatures using the new thermocouple type.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,567 Views)
In J type thermocouple, it gives 1 mV output for 18 deg C and in K type thermocouple, it gives 1 mV output for 25 deg C.
J type thermocouple used for 0-600 deg C and K type thermocoule used for 0-1273 deg C
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,405 Views)