LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect things to the abort button?

I need to cut power to my instrument and to do this I need to turn a digital pin low. I want to do this if at any time the abort button is pushed. Is this possible?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,607 Views)
The abort button should not be used at all except when the program is being debugged. It is best to hide the whole toolbar or just the abort button. Instead, you should place a Boolean on the front panel and monitor it with an event structure or poll it with a separate while loop.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,607 Views)
In addition to what Dennins said:

You should also capture filtering events such as "panel close?" and "application exit?", discard them and activate your own shutdown code instead (change pin to low, etc. etc. then end the program).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,607 Views)
And to add to the other two, you cannot connect anything to the abort button. It does not run any code when pushed, but just stops everything right away.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,607 Views)