From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change Digital Input high voltage threshold?

I have a DAQmx PCIe-6259 installed in a MacPro running LabVIEW 2011 and DAQmx Base.

I have an instrument that I need to read digital signal from. The instrument's high voltage is measured at 0.6V, low is at 0V. I built a VI reading digital, but 0.6V high voltage signal of the instrument is read as low signal by the PCIe-6259. So whether the signal is 0V or 0.6V, the VI says signal is low/off.

Is there an easy was to lower the high voltage threshold for PCIe-6259 so it would read 0.6V as high?

Best 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,244 Views)

Read the signal as an analog input and use Greater Than? comparison in software to convert to a binary signal.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,220 Views)

Alternatively, use an amplifier to bring your voltage up to the 5V range.  A gain of 8 should work nicely.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,200 Views)

Thanks. I think we'll go with an amplifier

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,188 Views)