LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I build a VI that mimics an oscilloscope?

I want to build a virtual oscilloscope using LabVIEW.  I am not 100% familiar with everything LabVIEW can do, so before I start this adventure I wanted to know if it was possible to incorporate the functionality of an oscilloscope into a VI.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,906 Views)

Yes, virtually anything is possible with LabVIEW.

AFAIK, High-speed digitizers ship with NI-SCOPE to make things even easier. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,895 Views)

If you want to do this without hardware, sure. There's even a shipping example called Two Channel Oscilloscope. It requires the full or professional version of LabVIEW but aside from that, your work is already done for you.

If you want to simulate a scope with a DAQ board, then much of a scope's functionality can be duplicated but some will depend on the actual DAQ board you are using. There are shipping examples for these as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,893 Views)

Its hard to beat a good analog scope (personal taste) but

YES , you can do it, and it has been done already

your limitation is only your DAQ-hardware and when it comes to more computational stuff ( real time fft etc.) maybe your hardware in total.

It's a nice project to get familar with all kind of stuff where LabVIEW will make it extremly easy to build up your personal scope.

(And don't forget to implement the heat-up delay for the tube and the beam focus Smiley Very Happy  )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,891 Views)

Thanks everyone for your replies.  That helps me out a ton!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,881 Views)