LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Run a labview application in a hidden window (i.e. I don't want the front panel to pop up in this Labview created EXE)?

I have a executable labview 6.1 program with a front panel. The front panel pops up every time I run it. Can I force the program to run without popping up its front panel.

Thanks in Advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,276 Views)
If you're using MS Window, you can use lvwutil32.zip to hide the front panel. lvwutil32.zip can be downloaded from NI site.

Or you can move your front offscreen, so that user can't see it. And save your vi. When you run your vi again, it'll popup at the offscreen position. NI uses this trick to hide windows from LabVIEW users. You can also set front panel size to 0.

George Zou
http://gtoolbox.yeah.net
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,275 Views)
Thanks, I think moving this off the screen will work for me.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,275 Views)
In LabVIEW 6.1, a built VI [exe] must have at least one front panel open in order to remain alive. In LabVIEW 7 this has been addressed and an added functionality to LV7 front panels allows the user to define front panel window states, one of which is hidden.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,277 Views)

Hiii,

How to run the LabVIEW exe(Application) as a background process?

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,943 Views)
Hi Nishant,

I noticed you also posted this question this forum. Please refer to the other post for an answer to your question and, in the future, refrain from making duplicate posts to several forums.

Michael K.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,913 Views)

Hi,

I'm working in Labview2013 and I have the same request as Outlaw I wouldn't like that my FP pop up each the exe runs

Is anyone managed to do it?

Thank you in adavcne for your help

My best regards

Nadia

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,131 Views)

Hi nadia,

what's wrong with the recommendation to use the "hidden" property of the FP (as has been said 12 years ago)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,122 Views)

Hi,

The exe is called by an application hundred times in one seconde, and the function hidden, hide the FP but doesn't close it, it appears as the picture below shown

hide.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,090 Views)

Hi nadia,

I don't see any FP. Isn't this what you asked for?

When your "exe" is called "a hundred times per second" I would turn the functionality into a DLL and call that DLL from your other application!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,083 Views)