From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 7.1 and 8 be installed on the same computer without conflict?

I wrote a program in Labview 8.0 and want to run it on a computer that already has 7.1 (this computer has a lot of programs that we don't want to have to upgrade).  Saving as a previous edition created 5 pages worth of compatability errors.  Is it possible to simply install 8.0 in addition to 7.1 on the same computer without either program interfering with the other?  We use a DAQ card and GPIB.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,266 Views)
I've got Labview 7.1, 8.0, and 8.2 installed on one computer. For the same reasons that you do, upgrading some of our older programs it to time consuming at the present time. The only issue I have had is that when openning a VI, it well open in whichever LabView software you have previously openned unless you specify otherwise.

regards,
Blair
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,258 Views)

As Blair said, yes you can have multiple versions installed.

You simply have to remember 2 important things:

1.  Keep backups of the appropriate versions of vi's.

2.  Remember to right-click on the vi and select Open With > select appropriate LV version.

Instead of 2 (above), you can always start LV first and open the vi's from within it.

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,246 Views)