From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 3D scatter plot have blank values in the 2D array?

I have a large data set from a piece of equipment and I am trying to create a 3D plot (scatter or surface). The issue is when the tool doesn't recieve a signal from the sample it is measuring it adds a default value to the data. Unfortunately the tool is from a 3rd party and isn't easily controlable with labview (no drivers etc) so I have to work with the data set. I am new to using 3D plots so any help is greatly appreciated. The data set that I am working with is 192 columns and 5000+ rows.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,538 Views)

Another way to approach my problem would be to selectively make the data transparent. Ex if the data is (500,1500,4000) in format (X,Y,Z) if Z = 4000 then that point is transparent. I have no idea how to do this in labview

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,511 Views)

Hello BB567

How the data come from? Is there possible to index each value in the array to detect values like 4000? Let me share the link below.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/170/thread-id/514982/page/1

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,472 Views)

I have not used the 3D Scatter plot so I do not know if this will work. On standard graphs NaN values do not plot.  Try changing the values you want transparent to Z = NaN.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,464 Views)