LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera works in MAX but not in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been struggling a lot with getting a DCC3240M camera from Thorlabs working in LabVIEW. The supplied software (Thorcam) works as it should. However, the LabVIEW SDK does not work as it should, it gives an error 155 "the operation is not supported".

Instead of the SDK I tried the DirectShow drivers and now the camera turns up in MAX and works as it should. It also shows up with IMAQdx Enumerate Cameras.vi and in the Vision Acquisition Express vi. BUT when I try to run either IMAQdx Open Camera.vi or the Express-vi it doesn't work. Open Camera gives a DirectShow error code 0x80040275 "No capture hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." And when i try to select the camera in the express vi, a red icon appears and I can only select "Cancel":

dump.png

It's really really annoying that the camera evidently works with the provided drivers, but I cannot use it in LabVIEW.

I would be grateful for any ideas of what is wrong. I am running 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Win8.1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pomp

Issue solved!

I thoroughly removed all drivers that came with the camera and then I installed the manufacturers drivers (IDS) instead of Thorlabs drivers. And now it works, the camera still shows up in MAX and doesn't work. But now the provided VIs work. So I'm happy. It only took me a week to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,194 Views)