LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera unable to grab while running in 30 fps through ImaqDx driver.

Hi,

I am using 3 cameras running on Imaq Dx driver.

The video mode is 800 X 600 YUV 4:2:2  30fps, speed 800Mbps.

2 cameras are connected on express 1394b and other is connected to PCI 1394b.

All 3 cameras are triggered through hardware trigger.

After some iterations the camera stops transmitting the image 

Everytime we are finding the problem repeating in camera connected to PCI card other than the camera connected to the Express card.Definitely there is no problem with the PCI card..We had contacted the manufacturer i.e Point Grey,but they are telling the problem is with the Imaqdx driver.So kindly reply us back faster.

Regards
Abhishek Verma
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,493 Views)

Hello Abhishek,

This could be due to the Bandwidth limitations in Firewire. I have attached a Firewire Bandwidth Allocation file. Use that and identify how much is the maximum speed you can achieve for your configuration.

-Sundar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,480 Views)

Hi sundar

Thanks for the reply.

As you told the bandwidth problem is not there as we have already calculacted the bandwidth its around 329 MBps.

Two cameras connected to express card will have total bandwidth 329*2=658 Mbps which is still less than the limit i.e. 800 Mbps. 3 rd camera connected to PCI firewire card is also having same bandwidth i.e 329Mbps and limit is 800Mbps.

2 cameras connected to firewire express card are running fine but after some iterations camera connected to PCI firewirecard gets hanged.

Regards
Abhishek Verma
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,443 Views)