LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera & OCR

Solved!
Go to solution

I just finished an application that uses a camera to get video and image side by side, thanks to the help I received in this forum.

Now I want to use that image that's displayed in the snap image screen and use OCR to get the letters and numbers in the image.

The problem I'm having is that the code that I currently have, calls the image from a directory, and I need to get the image from the camera.

I changed this setting in the vision acquisition, but I still get an error when I connect the image that is taken every 0.5 s, to the build path.

Can some one please help me?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,032 Views)
Seriously i feel bad for helping you in other case 😞
-If you don't know how to get an image from image wire instead of file then there is no need of doing ocr and all.
-Did you know what you have done in your code? I am sure you don't know single block you used there.
-Just copied from somewhere else and pasting in your code without understanding what is what 😞
-Why you are using vision acquisition??
-Did you check why the run link is broken??
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,017 Views)

I just realized that the 2 build paths are connected to the vision assistant's file path.

I think that's why I'm getting the error.

Is there a way for me to change this property, so that instead of looking for a path, it looks for an image?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nando1988

I just figured out how to do this.

You just need to double click on the vision acquisition, and then select the camera you want to grab the image from nd you also need to click on the play button.

Then you need to click on finish, and after that you need to erase every thing that's no longer needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,965 Views)
Really great that you figured it yourself.
-If you are using vision acquisition then why do you need IMAQ dx grab and producer consumer loops etc??
-You removed all of them? It would have been nice if you ask question clearly in the beginning itself.
-Please post vision related queries in dedicated board http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,945 Views)