LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Interfacing with LabVIEW

Hello, I want to interface my Usb Webcam with my computer on Labview's Front Pannel.

i have the following questions

1- What are the different methods of Interfacing Usb Webcam with labview on Front Pannel?

2- I have downloaded and installed NI-IMAQ, its opening NI Vision asstant in which i can interface my usb webcam, but the option for create labview vi is always blocked.

Please guide me how can i achieve my target.

Regards

Message 1 of 11
(7,046 Views)

As far as I know, you need ImaqDX to interface with USB camera. Beware that the runtime is not free...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,026 Views)

Thanks for replying.

I have already installed the Vision Acquision Software after which i was able to interface the camera with vision assistant. But the problem is that i am unable to use the camera in labview environment.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,002 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

I hope the following walkthrough would be helpful.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371492a.pdf 

Regards.

Message 4 of 11
(6,989 Views)

Have you tried looking for your camera by opening MAX?  If you have a connected camera and the appropriate Drivers installed, the camera will appear as a Device in MAX.  I've just done this on my PC, and four cameras show up (under the IMAQdx tag) -- three are Ethernet cameras on our sub-net, and the fourth is a Logitech USB camera plugged into my PC.  If I click on this camera, the right-hand pane opens and allows me to click a "Snap" tab to "take a picture" which it displays on my monitor.  

I noticed your original post said you had installed IMAQ -- I'm not entirely clear on the difference between IMAQ and IMAQdx, but I suspect the latter is what you really need.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,972 Views)

Thanks to all for their efforts towards the issue.

yes i can interface my camera with NI Max, but i cant get any solution for interfacing it with labview. The NI Vision palette is empty, i have installed the vision acquisition software but its not showing any imaq vi in function palette.

Kindly guide me what might be the reason.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,929 Views)

Abuzar, 

What version of LabVIEW are you using with NI-Vision Acquisition Module? If you are not seeing functions in vision acquisition palette, chances are that you may have installed different versions of both LabVIEW and vision module.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,909 Views)

Dear NapDynamite Smiley Indifferent

I have labview 2013, and i am trying to use NI Vision Acquisiotion Software 2009 and also tried 2012, but got the same results.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,890 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

Please take a look at the following information (NI Vision Acquisition Software Compatibility with Different LabVIEW Versions). According to the knowledgebase you need to install a higher version of the software if you would like to use it with labview 2013. Here is the download link for a compatible version: NI Vision Acquisition Software August 2013

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 9 of 11
(6,871 Views)

I am downloading it and will let you inform. Thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,836 Views)