From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling vi front panel object update in a running sub-vi loop?

Solved!
Go to solution

@aputman wrote:

No biggie man.  I agreed with your comment that it was a little overcomplicated but it would work just fine.  I am by no means a LabVIEW expert.  Sometimes I get in a rush to type out my answer without thinking things thru fully. 

So is the reason for your concern becaus there is no coupling between the control update and the local variable read that enforces data flow?

Yes, that is one of my concerns.  I think execution may get stuck in the center while loop depending on the mechanical action of the button in the main VI. If it latches, I could see that the subVI never gets the updated value.  But if it is set to switch, I don't see why the OPs code doesn't work.

Thanks!  Sometimes reading dataflow is so complicated that I need to see if I am seeing the same thing.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(175 Views)