LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling VI in runtime

I'm calling a re-entrant vi.  How do I have to setup the vi to run in the runtime environment?  It works in the developement environment, but not when I build the executable to run in the runtime environment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,208 Views)

when you say it's not working, what do you mean exactly? is the front panel not opening? if that is the case, make sure in the build that you are telling LV to include the target VI's front panel.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,200 Views)

I had to force it to include the vi in the executable.  Since it was only a reference, it did not include it in the build until I forced it to include the vi.  Under source files, Move the vi into the always included column.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

Glad to see you got things going. Something you can do to avaid the problem is to insure that the VI is always loaded into memory somewhere. Check out the examples for the new asynchronous call function for an idea for how to do it.

Mike...

PS: Since you have a solution to your problem, you might want to mark your problem as being solved. That will help folks in the future that run into the same issue.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,191 Views)