From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling 2 FPGA in Real-Time VI

Im using an sbRIO and I have 2 FPGA in it. I program both to open in real time. FPGA 1 is regarding getting data from analog signal and FPGA 2 is sending PWM. If these 2 are seperated, I have no problem opening them in real time. When I combine them together in a single real time VI, only FPGA 2 is working. FPGA 1, which supposedly shows values in charts is just totally empty! 

Question is, how do I integrate both FPGAs in a single real time VI? Will combining the codes in FPGA screw up the timing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,388 Views)

Hi Augustg

How exactly are you combining them?

Are they just separate while loops that you run in parallel, or is there some data dependency that stops one of the processes running.

Also, are both the FPGA VIs trying to access the same hardware resource?

Might be worth posting your code so we can all see.

Kind regards,

Josh E
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,361 Views)

im using sbrio. there are 2 fpga vi under the fpga tab. im trying to open them both at once in a single realtime vi using2 open/close reference. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,349 Views)

I'm pretty sure the sbRIO cards only have 1 FPGA on them.  So when you load the second FPGA code, the first is being overwritten.  You need to make a single FPGA VI that can handle both functions.  If you post your code, we can give more detailed advice.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,346 Views)

Capture.JPGActually what I wanted to do is this. Open 2 FPGA in 1 real timeVI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,326 Views)

But the FPGA target can only have 1 load at a time.  You either need to complete your operations of one load and then load the next or you need to combine the functionalities into a single FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,320 Views)