LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call by reference error 1003 on downgraded target vi

Hello everyone ... I have a project in labVIEW 2011 version that includes some VI's that anoher PC with labview 2009 calls using VI Server (Open Application Reference>>Open VI Reference>> call by reference node), at this point everything runned smoothly. I downgradeed the project to 2009 version and corrected all paths on the call by reference nodes to target the new 2009 VI's and now i keep getting a 1003 error from the Open VI Reference node. I'm not working with any build or .exe file yet. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,319 Views)

Are you sure that the complete VI hierarchy of the dynamic VI is available in LV 2009 as well?

Possible errors:

- Using a toolkit which is not installed in 2009

- Having subVIs which were not downgraded

- Driver API functions not compatible with 2009 (if you call those in your dynamic VI!)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,275 Views)

Thanks Norbert_B!!

I double checked everything you said. The new hardware  equipment I'm trying to integrate with an old lab management system is an HBM aquisition system. The old management system was not developed by me, it is 14 years old, and it latest update was made on LabVIEW 2009. All my VIs and Sub VIs are downgraded to 2009, all the functions I use are compatible with 2009 and all the toolkits native to labview I use are compatible too. But as I double checked following your advice I noticed a Open Data Storage node that had no path. This path was supposed to be the path of a plug in I installed to read HBM native files (PNRF). It seems that labVIEW 2009 is not capable of using plug ins but the system did not highlighted this error so I could pinpoint it, only changed the Data Storage Format to <65535> and the Format Descriptor was kept as HBM_PNRF. I assume the system could not load the libraries required. I checked the plug in requirements and it needs at least the 2010 LabVIEW enviroment. Guess I'll have to tell my Boss we can´t integrate this completly in 2009. Thanks again!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,265 Views)