From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrate multiple channels in one DAQ

Hi eveybody, I need to calibrate 6 channels at once, I am measuring voltage, the adquisition is by Labview 2009, using DAQmx, when I am doing a calibration, all channels must be calibrated in one time, this is for 2 reasons,

1- time for doing it separetly is a lot.

2- the values from calibration to calibration vary a lot (according to time)

Can you do this?, If answer is no, what can I do...

And other question, can I get a calibration using a calibration report from other calibration?.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,551 Views)
When you say "calibration" do you mean zeroing them out, like you would tare a scale?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,513 Views)

amm no, I mean by calibration, to set the 0 level, enter voltage (commit calibration value), then move to a still X level my experiment, for example X= 5cm, so the voltage goes to 5.4422 (the commit calibration value), then other 4 movements in the level of my experiment with still level, (I always use water in a tank), so, when I do this using Labview calibration option, I have to do this over and over again with 6 channels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Hi alepaladio,

I'm not undersanding clearly what you are trying to acomplish.

As Mike said are you measuring certain distance that you want to set as a relative zero? Are the 4 other measurements taken to create a scale to converto voltage to distance?? With this information we will be able to help you in a more efficient way. 

Hope this helps clarify the application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,424 Views)