From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating Odd CRC

Solved!
Go to solution

I think I have discovered the issue, If I rearrange the byte order; F1 = 1F, use the last 3 bytes of data, this thing works.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,703 Views)

Ok, Magic.  Or maybe Voodoo.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,699 Views)

@MikeMack747 wrote:

I think I have discovered the issue, If I rearrange the byte order; F1 = 1F, use the last 3 bytes of data, this thing works.

That would be swapping nibbles, which is a bit weird. In hex, F1 is a single byte.

Note that in the C code, the second and third byte are the message length, but they are also part of the CRC. The Delphi example, on which you seem to have based your LabVIEW code, has a fixed Count of 3, but the sample messages you provided actually have a length of 6 (thus the "00 06" in the second and third positions) - although, oddly, that length appears to include the CRC byte. Alternatively, following the comments in the Delphi code, it's hard-coded for mode 1 (starts with FE) but your messages are mode 3 (starts with F1, contains 5 bytes without the CRC).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,694 Views)

Swapping nibbles seems to be a fluke that just happens to work with the mode commands only

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MikeMack747

Here's a direct translation of the C code into LabVIEW, as a snippet:

CreateSonotecCRC.png

Message 15 of 18
(1,670 Views)

The Exclusive Or seems to have the same results as ANDing with with x80.

Thanks and kudos to nathand for solving this for me!

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,653 Views)

My mistake, shifting a right 7 has the same effect as ANDing with 80h

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,640 Views)

@MikeMack747 wrote:

My mistake, shifting a right 7 has the same effect as ANDing with 80h

Only when followed by a comparison with 0. When combined with that comparison, they both check if the highest bit in a byte is set. In one case you are ANDing with a value that has only the high bit set; in the other case, you are shifting the highest bit to the lowest and replacing all the higher bits with 0.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,620 Views)